The Red Bird System
850 million people, or more than one in ten people worldwide, live without access to clean drinking water. Most of these people live in rural areas or on the outskirts of urban areas, where services are limited.
Children are most often affected by lack of clean drinking water
Nearly 42,000 people, including more than 31,000 children, die each week because of poor water quality and poor sanitation. It is not only a human health impact - business and the world economy are affected by the availability, cost, and quality of water.
Women and children are kept from work and school in many parts of the world by the daily chore of gathering water
The Solution - Clean water with only sun and salt
The patented Red Bird System is a game-changing approach for bringing clean water to underserved communities around the world.
People around the world know the value of safe water
There is demand for safe, clean water in both developing and middle-income countries
Our solar-powered water treatment system is a groundbreaking, ruggedized high-tech solution for low-tech environments. The Red Bird System produces tens of thousands of gallons of clean water daily from any fresh water (non-saline) source at a fraction of a cent per gallon. We train local people to maintain and operate the systems, so that safe water will be sustainable for years to come. Clean, great tasting drinking water and local jobs - all part of the Red Bird System.
Training for installation, operation, and water quality testing
What makes Red Bird Systems unique?
The Red Bird System succeeds where other approaches have not because of unique technology, integration with quality components, and technical support:
During this Red Bird demonstration, women couldn’t wait to sample clean water for their families
- Its high output produces enough water for a community.
- Automation and controls provide many safeguards for water quality and safety.
Automation for control and safety
- The Red Bird System has an integrated pump to take water from the source, granular filters that last for years, on-site chlorine generation, and can pump water to a storage tank up to 30 feet high.
Placing the integrated pump into the source of water to be treated
- It is solar-powered and has battery storage so that it can operate through the night.
Battery storage for operation when the sun isn’t shining
- Alternatively, it can be operated from a generator or grid power.
- Its only routine supplies are rock salt to make up the brine for chlorine generation, and vinegar to clean the chlorine electrode.
To accommodate various communities, we have developed three different Red Bird Systems:
Click here to see videos of the Red Bird System in action.
- Contact Cardinal Resources to find the best system and water production for your site.
- Cardinal Resources can change the look of the system to match your needs! Contact us for details.